Annual GTR Meet up May 2020.

Started by Lonewolf, September 30, 2019, 09:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pross

Quote from: PRD on May 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
That seems pretty good for a 6 year old bike.

I was happy with the px and the new faster black one was just under 10 thou.
It's at hunts motorcycles Manchester the add says sold awaiting delivery but you can still view it if you want 👍

http://www.huntsmotorcycles.co.uk/
Pross

PRD

Looks really good. You will love it but you know that.
BMW = Bring More Wallet

O.C.

that is a good looking bike,  the Moondust Grey is nice too 
BE KIND...


ROG .

pross

Quote from: O.C. on May 01, 2020, 09:41:20 PM
that is a good looking bike,  the Moondust Grey is nice too 

I know my old one was grey age wise nothing in it I went for lower mileage to be honest and the touring tinted screen I like both . I would be happy with either 👌
Pross

Lonewolf

I can remember when this was a thread about a tour to Scotland, just saying!  :mfr_lol:

O.C.

Quote from: Lonewolf on May 02, 2020, 05:31:39 PM
I can remember when this was a thread about a tour to Scotland, just saying!  :mfr_lol:

oh yeah....he's right ya know   :yes:     
BE KIND...


ROG .

pross

Quote from: Lonewolf on May 02, 2020, 05:31:39 PM
I can remember when this was a thread about a tour to Scotland, just saying!  :mfr_lol:

Ooops my bad  :mfr_lol:
Pross

Lonewolf

Right folks, an update and a bearer of sad news.


I've had my personal secretary, Nigella   :whistling:  making some enquiries on our behalf re the Scottish meet up. The hotel had previously advised they would be closed throughout April, however as we draw towards the end of the second three week block of restrictions I had been mildly optimistic that the restrictions might be relaxed a little, albeit with social distancing still being enforced and face coverings being an option.


However as I said, Nigella, has heard back from our hotel and although the hotel have suggested making contact with them a week before our expected arrival, as matters currently stand the hotel does not anticipate it will be open this month.


So the decision is yours, if you feel it is appropriate to cancel now then that is your choice. Check your terms and conditions because if you cancel and the hotel does then open you may not get all your money back, however if the hotel is definitely going to be closed during the Spring Bank Holiday weekend then there should be no issues with a refund or using your deposit on an alternative date.


Now this brings us onto an alternative option, personally I still intend to go on the trip as soon as circumstances permit. Therefore I intend to retain my booking and transfer it to another date in June or July etc. Of those who fancied this trip, is there anyone else who would be able to attend later in the year? If you can that would be great as it would be a terrible shame to right this trip off completely.

GLA55Y

#143
We booked through Booking.com so we can leave it until 18th before we need to cancel (No deposit paid). We will contact the Hotel on the 15th to see if anything has changed. Hopefully we can keep the booking and turn up as booked.
If the Hotel say they won't open then we would be up for the trip later in the year, but would need to know dates asap as we have two other long weekends away booked this year.

Keep us informed.

Mick and Jue.

Lonewolf

Mick thanks for the reply and the PM. Yes the next two weeks are make or break! I'll post any further updates as and when I can and drop everyone a PM also.




PRD

A shame if this cannot happens. I would aim for July more chance then I reckon.
BMW = Bring More Wallet

Rusty

Hopefully this is as Steve says just a delay and there may be a resurrection in the next few weeks or months.... sadly I am unable to do much else. Other trips and bookings I think are just going to get binned. So sad when there is so much to look forward to ... the long miles the wet miles the beautiful miles .... meeting up, drinking up and lots of catching up !
If you do get it going then I know you will all have a great trip. Enjoy if you can and there is always next year ... or the year after !  :yes:

flatfour

I'm fine to attend on a later date, the only exception being mid - September when hopefully, I am due in Scotland anyway with my wife and daughter!

Lonewolf

Quote from: flatfour on May 03, 2020, 06:27:43 PM
I'm fine to attend on a later date, the only exception being mid - September when hopefully, I am due in Scotland anyway with my wife and daughter!


Coincidentally I am also up in Scotland mid September on a family trip.

flatfour

Steve, we've moved our May visit (that originally coincided with the GTR gathering) to mid - September, having abandoned our annual Tenerife pre - winter trip for this year. That should mean that next year brings both our month in Japan and Tenerife visit into the same year.

We should all be in Ashkirk (near to Hawick) mid - September, if you are anywhere near?